Our Vision, Aims and Values
Expect excellence, Achieve excellence
At Maple Court Academy, our vision and values are at the core of everything that we do. Within our academy, we create an environment based upon trust and respect that is a safe, secure and happy place for children to learn, grow and develop. Throughout our academy, we are developing a culture of determination and resilience to enable all of our children to fulfil our aim of expect excellence, achieve excellence. We encourage all of our pupils to be enthusiastic learners who are proud of everything that they do. We have the highest expectations for all, and by embedding these expectations throughout daily life in the academy, we believe that every child can flourish and be the best they can be. We underpin learning by inspiring our pupils, developing their character, removing barriers and opening opportunities in order for our pupils to be well rounded individuals prepared for the wider world. We strive to create a diverse community that fosters mutual respect and social responsibility, enhanced by a strong partnership between home and the academy.
Statement of Academy Aims
- Develop MAPLE learners.
- Develop motivated, inspired, independent children who have a love of learning and are curious to know more.
- Provide a rich and exciting curriculum that is broad and balanced and which engages and motivates children to achieve success and develop fully as an individual.
- Provide a secure and supportive environment where children can develop respect for themselves, others and their surroundings resulting in pride in themselves, their peers and their academy and who are equipped to meet the changes and challenges in their life ahead.
- Develop tolerance and respect for others by developing understanding of different religious values, cultural traditions and different ways of life.
- Help all children understand the world they live in by equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to fulfil their potential and to become responsible and successful citizens in Modern Britain.
- Lead a happy and healthy lifestyle.
- Engage families in the learning process and involvement in community learning opportunities.
All of the work undertaken within our Academy is underpinned by our academy values which are the principles that guide us and which we promote to ensure our pupils develop the skills to be good citizens in the future. They are interwoven into all aspects of school life including our curriculum.
- M – Moral
- A – Adaptable
- P– Proud
- L– Learner
- E – Enthusiastic